You’ve heard it time and time again: We live in a digital world, which most likely means you’re wondering - right now - if Yelp advertising for business really is effective
So, where exactly does that leave Yelp advertising for business for you?
As with any sort of plan or strategy, there are pros and cons. We’ve put together a handful of both - the good and the bad - so you can better decide if you should be using this tactic or not.
The Pros of Yelp Advertising for Business
Many people use Yelp, meaning there’s a large audience who rely on the platform to not only gain knowledge about a particular business but to also discover businesses they otherwise might not know existed. Further pros of using Yelp advertising for business include:
- Increase Foot Traffic - Interestingly enough, a Nielsen study revealed that four out of five Yelp users visit the website before making a purchase. Therefore, it’s likely that if you’re not utilizing the platform, a customer will find a different business for their needs.
- Gain Information - If information about your business is easily accessible, then you’re likely to have more customers, or at least provoke interest, which could ultimately lead to a bigger clientele. Also, Yelp can help you learn information about your customers, information that could allow you to connect with them more.
- Awareness - In business, you often have to spend money to make money. Therefore, investing in advertising is just that - an investment. And while advertising is never guaranteed to help your business grow, it’s still a risk that is sometimes necessary. Again, ask yourself what you want to accomplish with your business.
While there are a variety of great things that can come from using Yelp to advertise your business, there are also points to be cautious about, such as:
- Biased Opinion - While it hasn’t necessarily been proven, there are people who believe Yelp is biased. For example, anyone is entitled to leave a review, and a negative review could ultimately have a negative effect on your business.
- Not Guarantees - Advertising is expensive, we’ve already covered that fact. And while it’s up to you to choose how much you spend, again, there are no guarantees it will pay off. The tactic could actually cause you to lose money, instead of increasing your revenue, which is most likely your ultimate goal.
What’s Best for You?
Each business is different, and each business owner has different goals and agendas. Therefore, before you make a decision on whether or not Yelp advertising for business is good or bad, do your homework. Find out if Yelp is the right way to go for your particular business wants or needs.