Google analytics is the most widely used web analytics service on the internet. It tracks and reports website traffic. Understanding your customers’ journey is essential if you want your online marketing strategy to succeed.
If you are unfamiliar with google analytics, it can be a little daunting at first. Having so much data makes it difficult to know where to look to find the most important metrics. Google itself offers comprehensive, free online tuition. All you need do is accept, perhaps under the guidance of your chosen digital marketing service.
Google Analytics Guide to Help Shape Your Marketing Strategy
Marketers who want to better strengthen their marketing strategy should know how to make the most of the data tracked by google analytics. Not knowing which sections to focus on could lead you on a fruitless search. You could end up spending hours sifting through data and still not know what to make of it without a google analytics guide.
Failure to analyze website traffic properly makes it difficult to assess the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. This makes realigning your campaign almost impossible. When setting up and interpreted correctly, google analytics provides valuable insights about visitors to your website. You can track how they reached your web pages and where they spent the most time, great information for marketers looking for a mission-enhancing strategy.
6 Effective Ways to Analyze Website Data in Google Analytics
In this article, we offer sage advice for getting the best website data. Please note that we assume your google analytics guide implementation has been done correctly upfront. As a basic minimum, you should create your online marketing goals and objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs).
1. Before tracking google analytics data, you cannot hope to analyze information in the right light without having the key measurement criteria present. As any good google analytics guide will confirm, this is fundamental.
2. Review your channel overview/traffic sources report. This report provides valuable insights instantly. You can analyze traffic from paid channels and social media, while also tracking the all-important conversion rate.
3. What is the ratio of new vs returning visitors? Loyalty and recency metrics are important, so you do need to look at these trends to get an idea about acquisition and retention. When reading loyalty reports on Google Analytics keep in mind that you will only get data about visits.
4. Gauge the performance of cellular and tablet vs desktop visitors. In today’s hectic cyberspaces, users expect great experiences no matter the device or browser they happen to use. Make sure that you use your website google analytics guide in order to perform optimally with all devices and browsers in mind.
5. Are your landing pages performing equally or are fixes indicated? Your landing pages are crucial in website optimization. Do your website visitors arrive on a suitable landing page? Perhaps you have a high percentage bounce, with painfully few conversions!
6. As our google analytics guide will inform you, bounce rate benchmark is an important consideration. Bounce rate provides a telltale trace of the interactions of your visitors. When a visitor bounces, it means the person visited one page, which did not result in an event or measurable interaction during that session.
Getting the Most out of Your Google Analytics Guide
Google analytics is all about website traffic and tracking reports. Make sure you are set up correctly and getting the best from your online marketing strategy. A digital marketing agency can truly help expand your business.
Learn more about Google Analytics by speaking to a marketing expert.